Only one page (and some stray stitches) to go.
(click images to enlarge)
I have another knitting start on the go, but I haven’t taken a full photo of it yet.
Here is a closeup shot I took of it last night with my phone. The colours are not quite right but it gives you an idea of what the full size must look like.
The pattern is called Rushing Tide Shawl and can be purchased HERE
There are also matching socks, and like the pattern for the shawl, I was lucky enough to be gifted this pattern as well. So look out for those in the future.
I also have another KAL planned with Petrina. We both are going to be working on a shawl called Taliesin.
(click to be taken to the pattern page on Ravelry)
I’ve chosen a khaki green as my colour, and Petrina has chosen a blue, not to dissimilar to the blue used in the shawl above.
I just need to free up my needles and I’m all go for a start.
I will also be able to knit in the knowledge that I will be warm all the time. It’s winter here in New Zealand and if we don’t have the fire going we have the heatpump going. For the last couple of years the heatpump has been getting less and less heaty, and recently it’s been stopping and starting unnecessarily.We have had it in for nearly ten years now, and it probably could have lasted longer, but we have a feeling that all the shaking that the unit has had probably didn’t help with its longevity. Being lifted and dropped at the rate of 2g during the Feb quake probably didn’t do most things any good.
I finally convinced Tim to get the service people out to have a look and the unit had a faulty valve which would cost us a cool $1000NZ to replace. That was just for the part. Then there would be labour and refrigerant gas which is now longer used here.
So we decided to splurge and buy a whole new unit. Nearly $3000NZ all up, but it is grunty, hot and matches the carpet. LOL
It’s a lot blacker in person than the photo shows.