QS update

Here is the latest update of my mystery QS which I can now reveal to be QS Zen Garden. This was a free chart gifted to the HAED bulletin board members a few years ago to celebrate the 6th anniversary of the board.

8septs(click images to enlarge)

I’m using 28ct Lugana and a combination on HDF silks and DMC.

I also have an update of my Unwind Shawl. For some reason I haven’t felt like doing much on this one.

unwindI think the fact that it’s in 2ply, and the pattern is simple, could be the problem. I need a few more obstacles, which is why I decided to try out for a test knit of a new design. called Golden Hazel

I was lucky enough to be one of the chosen few to do this before it is released to the public. So far so good and it does have  nice variety of stitch pattern.

Golden Hazel7septYou should also look out for a another new start from this same designer, but this is a two colour mystery knit. It’s called Lemon Thyme.

Here is the colour combination I’ll be using.

mkal_mediumThis MKAL starts in a day or so, so it shouldn’t be too long before I have my first update, and hopefully for that update I will have a model shot of two shawls I have blocked. Just need to “borrow” my niece again.

Advertisements

Theatre of the Absurd (TOTA) completed

I’ve finally finished my SAL piece.
The last page wasn’t too bad. There were loads of block areas so I was able to plough through those relatively quickly.

QS Theatre of the Absurd Tryptic

TOTA dones(click image to enlarge)

Artwork by Ciro Marchetti
Charted by Heaven and Earth Designs

Finished design size 139 x 146
Stitched on 25ct Lugana 1×1

TOTA SAL update

I sent out page three of the SAL this month which meant I could start on the bottom left corner of QS Theatre of the Absurd. When I was stitching it I had totally forgotten that there was the jester’s head, so I was wondering what all the odd colours were for.

I don’t usually have the cover page of the piece I’m stitching near me while I’m working, I find I end up looking at it to try and figure out where I am. I just know to stitch the stitches and let what appears, appear.

So seeing that head appear was a very nice surprise.

9Junes(click images to enlarge)

I have also not been just stitching. I have another shawl on the go.

This one is a mystery shawl which you can purchase from HERE
clue 2I also have a pair of socks on the go. I haven’t done enough to justify a photo, but maybe for my next update I will.

I started the socks for the World Wide Knit in Public Day. Petrina and I went into the library for a gathering our favourite wool store put on. They had a really good turn out and Petrina and I even won a prize. We won a 10 ball bag of wool which we split and I will be knitting French Cancan with it. I just have to get the right sized Knitpro needle ends before I can start it

TOTA – 11 April update

11 Aprils

(click image to enlarge)

This month I started to fill in the rest of the curtain. Next month I’ll start doing the same on the other side of the piece.

Next stitchy update will be of Ice Palace. I’ve just reached the floral column, so I’m hoping to be working on colours other than blue.

TOTA update

I had hoped to have this first page done this month, but this week of the Freebie SAL was interrupted by life and a few things put the brakes on my stitching.

9Febs(click image to enlarge)

Although I wasn’t very productive on the stitching front this week, one thing did get done that Tim and I have been meaning to do for ages and that is that these pieces to the framer.

stitch

The framer we had used for Icewind and QS Peacock has closed up business and left Christchurch (apparently) since the quakes,  so we’ve had to find a framer that will frame stitching correctly. By correctly, I mean they have to lace it. If you ever have a framed piece of stitching break and had glass in it you’ll need to wash it to remove the glass etc, you don’t want to find out at that point that it was glued to the backing board.

QS Bookend Kitties (BEK) completed

 Here’s my completed HAED freebie finish, QS Bookend Kitties artwork by Kayomi Harai.

(click all images to enlarge)

Stitched on 25ct Lugana 1×1

143 x 143 stitches
Started 31 Dec 2011
Finished 7 Oct 2012

I’d hoped to be back into Turandot by now but I have joined a KAL (knit a long) of socks. I have completed one so far. It’s currently being blocked on a form that Tim wss kind enough to cut for me. The yarn I’ve used probably wasn’t the best to show off the design but I do like how the pattern appears to dive down the sock.

 

I promise I will now work a while on Turandot.

I just have one final thing to add. I woke this morning to find an email from 123-stitch.com saying I had a voucher waiting for. I thought, oooh someone has been kind and gifted me something to enhance my stash. I was mistaken….

I had in fact WON A Giveaway!!!

$50 US to be exact in a giveaway on Lesli’s Fabulous Frogger Blogaversary giveaway.

I hope you will all head over to her blog and follow her as she also has wonderful stitching to oggle over.

Thank you Lesli.

Now…. what to buy, what to buy….

Kitty update and some framing

I’ve had my QS Bookend kitties out to work on since page three has been released.

She now has a bottom!

(click all images to enlarge)

BEK is not the only thing that I’ve been busy on. Turandot is out early and I’m working on reaching the bottom left corner on her as well, although I have, just now, decided I will probably try and put some stitches into my stocking which has a couple of pages that are nearing completion. I do like completing pages. Something I’m not so keen on is framing my finished pieces, but….

I finally bit the bullet and framed Tim’s piece.

I think Tim likes it as it’s hanging just inside the front door for all to see.

And a bit of warning. I’ll be posting info on a giveaway in the next day or so.